3.24.2013

Weekend of Fun

We got an early start on the weekend Thursday night when Leia finally started feeling better  - after 5 days of flu-like symptoms - and decided it was time to paint grandma's toenails.
  
Three colors of glitter polish later, I feel so posh.
 
The gloves were her idea; she's found Pop's stash of disposable painting gloves and is treating them as her own.

Friday was road-trip day with a buddy. We hit every quilt shop between Thousand Oaks and Carpinteria, with a few antique, gardening and candy stores thrown in for good measure. 
  
My haul included fabric for both my quilting stash and little girl dresses; 
 
silly yard ornaments that make me smile; 
 
flowers that my friend calls Dr. Seuss daisies - love!
(Anybody know what they really are? I've misplaced the tag. I think they're some kind of daisy.)


An embroidered Easter tablecloth
 
and a vintage bird-shaped salt and pepper duo.
 
And then there was Saturday. Saturday was needle-felting at French General with an entire table full of friends. We laughed and talked and stabbed ourselves with sharp objects for four solid hours. 
 
I didn't finish the project (see 'laughing and talking' above) during class - none of us did - but I'm hoping to get my Easter bunny done before Sunday rolls around. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend!

Marie said...

They are daisies. The scientific name is Osteospermum fruticosum; common name is freeway daisy.