12.14.2012

Fabric Burritos

First, you make one looooong burrito. 
 
Or five, if you're on a mission. 
 
See the stuffing?
 
Then you sew a few seams, and presto change-o, pillowcases! 
 
I love making these. So fast and fun; a lot of bang for a bit of fabric and thread. And even better, all this fabric was already in my stash, either given to me or picked up from the remnant rack at Joann's.
 
These have all gone to a new home. A friend organized a sew-in for tomorrow, to make pillowcases for servicemen and women, but since I can't be there, I gave these to her last night. Hope they bring cheer and holiday joy to five young people far from home.  

1 comments:

captainhook said...

Wow, how cool is that?! Thanks for posting this so I know what I'm getting into today. (Stashbusting for the troops! Hooray!)