3.11.2012

Birthday Quilt

Rachel's birthday quilt is finally finished and gifted, only a couple of weeks late.

She picked out the jelly roll fabric back in January, and using my favorite 1600 Quilt Race pattern, I had this part done in plenty of time to send off to the long-arm quilter. Except . . . . . . trying to find border fabrics to match these custom colors was a b**ch.

In the end, I took it to my local quilt store and begged for help. We gave up trying to match the blue/teals - Rachel's favorite color in this - and went with the closest orange we could find and a pretty brown border fabric that I really, really like.

Add some backing, batting and big blue dragonflies and voila!

A 50 x 70" quilt that I hope will see lots of use for years to come.

Happy birthday, Rachel!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

WOW!! Love it.

Anonymous said...

That is Gorgeous!!!

kt