1.23.2012

Cocoons

Grrrrrrr, Blogger ate my first post when I tried to publish it. Hate rewriting - once it's gone, I always remember it as purrrrrrfect.

Travis' mommy asked me to make a knit cocoon for his first photo session. She picked out the pattern*, purchased the yarn and gave me plenty of time to get it finished - it just doesn't get any easier. 
 

Soooooo when the cocoon was done ahead of schedule, and I still had an unused ball of yarn, I whipped up a little crocheted nest as an additional photo prop. 
This pattern is super easy. I love that the author gave the nest's dimensions - in addition to the stitch count - which made it a cinch to substitute my slightly thinner yarn and still get something I was pretty sure would fit a one-month old. 
 
Can't wait to see how sweet Travis looks in these.

*I'm not linking to the knit pattern. I thought it was very over priced for something that basically said 'cast on x stitches, knit y rows, bind off and sew up two seams'. If you're interested, more info is on my Rav page.  

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Those photos are going to be adorable!

Anonymous said...

you could type your posts in a text editor then copy/paste into blogger, so in the event of a mishap, you've still got the purrfect one...that is, if you save that one too--at least temporarily until you're sure it's posted.

--jenny