9.26.2011

Live! With Vogue Knitting

We knew we were in the right place when we found the yarn-bombing.By the time we got there at 10:30, an hour and a half after the Vogue Knitting Live! doors opened, the marketplace was swamped, with shoppers crowding into every vendor stall.By the time we left 8 hours later - taking only an hour out for lunch (BJ's Brewhouse, fantastic!) 
and another 45 minutes for the lecture on antique knitting by Franklin Habit (very interesting, funny talk; very bad cell-phone pix) -we were sore-footed but very happy.And when I got home? Hubby had gotten me the best present of the day, even better than the huge stack of quilting fabric my buddy had gifted me that morning -

 a 5-power, LED lighted, magnetic-base magnifier for my bobbin lace.
It's intended for woodcrafters, but it will work just fine for my purposes.
Hooray! Now I'll be able to see the butterfly's teeny-tiny tatting threads!

0 comments: