8.28.2011

Bad Experience

Dear Macaroni Grill:

I had lunch at your Ventura CA restaurant today and am very unhappy with my experience. Our waitress dropped an entire tray of drinks onto our table, the glasses barely missing my 6-month-old granddaughter, and soaking both she and I with soda. I'm not upset with the waitress - accidents happen and now she knows NOT to hold a tray over a baby's carrier - but I am annoyed that the manager never came over to apologize or make sure we were alright.

I doubt the manager didn't know about the incident - between the crash of glasses, wails of the baby and people at our table jumping to their feet, everyone in the restaurant knew what had happened.

The waitress apologized profusely several times but the MANAGER should have done so too. It would have taken less than a minute for him/her to turn this situation around and not have an unhappy customer spreading the word about her bad experience.

Macaroni Grill used to be one of my favorite restaurants but between today's mediocre food, the slow service and the manager's lack of public relation skills, I think this will be my family's last visit to your chain.

Sincerely,

A former customer

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I hope you actually send this to MG...way to go, Elisa!!

texaswomantrue said...

I, too, hope you actually send this. You're right, it takes so very little to be polite and ensure good customer relations.