3.08.2010

Socks and Metal

This is my standard sock pattern (bits of this and that from a variety of patterns I've tried) made with Austermann Step yarn. Not that crazy about the wide stripes but they're warm and comfy. Love the handmade socks.

I took two jewelry classes this weekend. Friday was resin and wire for beginners with Tracy Stanley, the author of several books on resin and metal-work.
I definitely qualify for the 'beginner' part; this is the first metal work I've ever done. I ended up with 8 pieces total and Marie has already laid claim to one. Don't have a strong desire to work with resin again, it just isn't my thing, but the class was fun.

On Sunday, Dick and I took a metal bracelet class with the same teacher. He got sick and went home at lunchtime, but I finished my project by the end of class. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. It's definitely a beginner's piece but I plan to wear and enjoy it. Thursday I'm taking a jump-ring - aka chain maille (examples here) - jewelry class and I'm really excited about it. Think I'm turning into a metal-head.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I get to see your new treasures next craft day. Did Dick start feeling better and finish his metal projects? I get SO MANY compliments on the watch necklace Dick made for me!! LOVE IT! :) v