3.28.2010

Bobbin Lace

I love taking classes, especially in new-to-me crafts. In the past month, I've taken cold riveting, resin jewelry, chain maille, Estonian lace knitting, Kumihimo and now bobbin lace. Wish I had time to really learn them all.

One of the women in my Guild does exquisite bobbin lace and I've always been fascinated by all the threads and tiny bobbins hanging from her working pillow. It looked so hard and complicated. When Saturday's workshop was announced, I was one of the first to sign up. And it turns out, bobbin lace is fairly easy to do (at the beginner's level, anyway) once you know the 'secrets', the little tricks and tips of the trade. I'm pretty pleased with my little leaf and hope to do more when we get back from our jaunt to Lacis and the Lace Museum in Berkeley.

0 comments: