1.03.2010

Year of the Shawl - FO #1

Finished the first of the ten shawls I'm committed to making this year. This is Seraphina's Shawl, done in Fearless Fibers Alpaca and Wool DK (color: Pumpkin Spice) that's been in my stash for awhile now, awaiting just the right project. Love how it looks and feels. Still planning to wear this to TNNA this week, just can't decide whether to wear it Thursday to class and the Ravelry party or on Sunday to class and when I work in the spinning/weaving booth on the TNNA floor. Decisions, decisions . . . .

This is Leia's 'not again, grandma' look.

I also finished the Tunisian shawl that I designed (pattern coming soon.)
This is Misti Alpaca's Baby Alpaca Grande in 'Eggplant', done with a size "N/9mm" Tunisian hook that Dick made for me. This shawl won't count towards my total for the 10 Shawls in 2010 group; I was working on it before the official 'start' date. I love how soft and squishy this feels. I wanted a simple, warm shawl that had enough detail work to make it interesting - both to look at and to make - and that's exactly what this is. And even better - both shawls were made with yarn I already had in my stash. Hooray for stash busting!

0 comments: