1.14.2009

Moving Ahead

Thanks for all the sweet comments and emails on Oreo's passing. I got up from writing that entry last night and headed for the kitchen to make up her nightly medications. I think it's going to take a few days to break that habit.

I'm leaving tomorrow for two days in San Diego at TNNA - The National Needlework Association's twice annual show - where yarn shop people go to see what's new and order stock for the next six months or so. TNNA also has classes by some of the best known names in the knitting and crochet world. I'm taking
Lily Chin's 'Crocheted Tips, Tricks and Hints' class. I've got a couple of her books and I've made some of her patterns, plus I've heard she's a great teacher/speaker, so needless to say I'm very excited. And after this week's sadness, I decided to splurge a little and got us a room at a little inn on Coronado Island for Thursday night (right across the street from this little place).

I finally picked up the pottery Naia, Marie and I painted after Christmas.
Can you tell which two pieces are Naia's? She's very creative with her color choices and painting skills. This is the second time I've taken her painting and she showed more patience this time, covering more of the pieces with paint and putting the required 2-3 coats on most of the surfaces. Naia informed me that pottery painting is better than Chuck E. Cheese but not quite as good as Golf N Stuff. Always good to know where you stand.

Marie put a lot of effort into her lighthouse, continuing to paint for over an hour after Naia and I were done and gone.
And my little jar is pretty and serviceable. I'll use it next to my TV chair to store stitch markers and yarn tails; Dick will be thrilled they aren't scattered all over.

1 comments:

Gigi said...

OK we have to stop doing this (NOT!)...I took that class with Lily this summer at Chain Link! LOL

Have a great time!