12.20.2008

Randomness

1. Breanne sent me flowers for my birthday earlier this week. She said it's the first time she'd ever sent flowers to anyone. I was honored to be the recipient. And they were gorgeous. Even AJ thought so.
2. Marie got me a Graydog! So beautiful. I'm planning to use this one rather than stash it away in my collection. It's too pretty not to share and I love the cool feel of the turquoise.

3. Addy's scarf is finished and in the mail, along with the last of the presents for the Colorado branch. I took a couple more shots before packing it up. I'm amazed at what a difference natural/outdoor light makes. Still liking the basketweave texture. Hope Addy likes it too. 4. While in Colorado, Rachel and I took a painting class at the local pottery store. We learned how to transfer images along with some painting tips and tricks. We left town before my plate was ready to be picked up so Rachel shipped it with some holiday presents. Not bad for a first effort, eh? The store has monthly classes so I'm hoping to take more when we next visit Addison.

5. I started a weaving project tonight. Found a new Noro Kureyon colorway (#226) that just screamed Christmas shawl, so I broke out the rigid heddle loom and warped it up.
I'll start the actual weaving tomorrow, probably with a black sport-weight alpaca as the weft. Warping would have gone so much faster if Oreo hadn't felt the need to 'help'. Don't you love her "who, me?" look. I had to chase her off shortly after this when she grabbed the danging warp thread and tried to make a run for it. She almost managed to upend the teevee tray and dump everything on the ground. My little darling.

0 comments: