12.07.2008

Projects!

Although there hasn't been much proof here lately, I have been working on several projects. Most are for class samples but a couple are for fun.

Another Crocus Bud Shawl, this time for Tanya in black silky alpaca lace.
I'm about 85% done with this one and hope to have it in the mail by Tuesday. I showed this to my last two crochet classes and they all want to make one. The pattern is easy - a one-row repeat - and the finished project is spectacular.

I'm doing a bulky version of the Mock Faroese Shawl that Anne and I are teaching (she's teaching the knit version; I'm doing the crocheted) in February. I've also done this pattern in lac
e (cashmere - yum!) and fingering (sock yarn). Not crazy about these colors but maybe they'll grow on me.
I started these stash-yarn socks for last week's crocheted sock class. I won the yarn in a raffle at the crochet show in Oakland two years ago.
It's a little loud but I think they'll make good spinning socks (I don't wear shoes when using my spinning wheels so it's the perfect time to show off hand-crocheted socks).

And since I couldn't resist these colors -
brown + teal + orange = perfect - I'm making two pairs of socks at the same time, hoping to prevent 2nd (4th??) sock syndrome. And speaking of no resistance, look what followed me home from my LYS's holiday party. Bamboo, wool and silk in the most gorgeous cranberry reds. Not sure if this will become a pineapple shawl or a basketweave tee, but I bought 12 balls just to make sure I have enough. 'Cause you never know when a yarn drought might strike.

0 comments: