11.25.2008

Projects

It's been raining here for about 5 hours, fairly steadily. All the newsies are on STORM WATCH. I feel bad for the people in the burn areas that may get mud flows but give me a break. We might have had a quarter inch of wet by now. Sheesh.

I finished the Window Pane scarf today and love it. Very interesting technique using 2 strands of yarn.
I'm thinking about felting this, just to see what it would look like. The black is superwash, so it won't felt; the pretty colors are Noro Silk Garden, a wool/silk blend and that will felt. Might be a pretty neat effect.I'm also making headway on the Mock Faroese shawl I'm teaching in the spring. This is made with Tofutsie's sock yarn. Love the colors. I think I remember reading somewhere (Cheryl??) that Tofutsie's colors fade badly in sunlight. Sure hope that's not true! This needs to be finished by the middle of December since it's a store sample. Piece of cake (unless I get sidetracked - again - with more projects . . . )

0 comments: