9.26.2008

Grand Babysitting

I don't want to jinx it, but after 12 hours it looks like this stuff may be a miracle cure. Dick and I have been grand-babysitting Naia and Leia since Tuesday while Matt and Chris are out of town. Almost the entire time, poor Leia has had terrible gas, with intermittent (constant might be a better word) projectile spit-ups. Tuesday night she was uncomfortable; I got 2 hours of sleep. Wednesday night she was miserable and there was nada sleep.

Acting on Rachel's recommendation, Dick went to the store this morning and came back with Mylicon infant drops. Bingo. It took about 4 hours for most of the gas to get out of her system. Now we're getting normal baby burps, no spit-ups, and a much happier little girl (and grandparents).
Dick and I have been splitting the duty. Since I'm a night person, I'm handling the nighttime feedings and fussings. Dick, being a morning guy, is getting Naia up and to school, then taking care of Leia while I sleep. It's worked out pretty well and the girls seem to have enjoyed their stay. Even if we did tell Naia that yes, she still had to do her homework. (Which she did every day without a fuss. Such a smart kid.)

1 comments:

Deneen said...

I swore by that 8 3/4 years ago-my dd was allergic to regular formula and had to drink soy and was gassy as all get out-Mylicon to the rescue (of course, the bottle has changed since then).