8.20.2008

License to Spoil

Doesn't this face just scream 'I'm in charge and I know it'? Our household is being run by a 20-month-old, and we're loving it. Addy spends the mornings hanging out with grandpa, eating breakfast, reading books and telling stories. Afternoons and evenings are grandma time; we play, read more books, do chores, and take naps.

It didn't take Addy long to figure out that she had us wrapped around her little finger. First she spotted the fish* in my studio -
which is now her "feeeshy". It's bigger than she is, but she hauls it all over the house with her. Then she decided that my office chair (it's a great spinning wheel and weaving loom chair - totally adjustable) was her chair; it's now her favorite place for snacking. And I was ok with losing that chair; I still had my recliner where I could watch TV and work on the computer. Yeah, right.

I came back from a quick trip to the kitchen to find that Addy had claimed that for herself too. She'd hauled herself up, crossed her legs, and was mousing around like she'd been doing it all her life.
Now whenever I leave the room, she climbs up, makes herself comfortable, and starts giggling when she sees me coming back.Addy's enjoying herself but she misses her mom and dad occasionally. Yesterday Dick found her sitting on the floor in front of a photo of mommy and daddy, reading to them from her favorite book (complete with smacking the bug, just like her mommy taught her). Totally an 'awwwwwww' moment.

*Gary won the fish at Sea World several years ago by knocking over milk cans with a baseball. It was 3 balls for $1. He won the red fish with the first dollar - and with his second dollar, he won the purple fish for me! He kept the red fish in his room until he out grew it, whereupon I claimed it for me - and now for Addy.

0 comments: