7.03.2008

Walkabout

John and Rachel's next door neighbor has an incredible yard. Addy and I love to walk over there to admire the gorgeous flowers. Addy is getting more steady on her feet all the time and insists on doing things herself - like climbing down off the front porch. She's also a little whirlwind; most of the photos I took during our walk are out of focus or you just see a corner of Addy as she goes flying by in the new shirt Auntie Marie bought her in Las Vegas. (Big hit, Marie! Addy loves her fishy shirt.)

A
nybody know what flower this is? It's a climbing vine and I. Want. One. I'm betting it won't grow in So. Calif. but I sure would like to know that for sure. It is beautiful.

The power went out to most of Loveland last night during a thunderstorm. Rachel lit a bunch of candles and the four of us - make that 4 and a half; the 'silence' woke Addy and she decided to keep us company rather than go back to bed - played Uno for a couple of hours. I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long time. (Don't ever sit next to Dick when you play; he's vicious.)
More yard flowers . . .

0 comments: