7.13.2008

Stage Win

What an amazing ride by Italy's Riccardo Rico in today's mountain finish! That's what makes the Tour de France so exciting to watch, someone sprinting out of the pack, flying by everyone on a steep uphill run. But the sad side-note? Wondering if doping made his victory possible. I'm crossing my fingers that he's clean and the Tour can put the doping scandals behind them. I guess we'll see in a few days.

I finished the reworked sweater
back tonight and sewed up the side and shoulder seams. I anxiously tried it on and it seems to fit well; I'd have been really ticked to have had to rip and redo at this point. The sweater is being modeled by Lily, the adjustable dressform that Marie bought me for Mother's Day. This is the first opportunity I've had to put Lily through her paces. I love being able to see how things look without breaking my neck trying to see my back in the mirror. I see a long, happy partnership between me and Lily, especially after I figure out how to adjust all her dials and levers.
I didn't get my sampler finished during the weaving workshop but I made good progress and learned a lot, which was more important. We warped (the long-ways threads) one inch sections of 12 colors plus 3 neutrals (white, gray and black), then wove six 1"-patterns in each color, in the same color order as the warp. The object was to see how colors interact and how the different patterns affect color. I started weaving with red so I'm a little over half done. Depending on how this looks off the loom, I may hang it on the wall in my weaving area - or I may throw it in a drawer, never to be seen again (kidding!) As usual, I'm anxious to get it finished, but I'm trying to be good and finish my Fair projects before I weave any more. Being good is hard.

0 comments: