7.21.2008

Idle Hands . . .

I finished two projects so obviously I need to start something new, even though I still have several WIP's (works in progress). Tomorrow night, I'm teaching a beaded shawl class based on a class I took at TNNA in Long Beach. The original pattern is for a triangular shawl; I want a long rectangular one for myself, so I'm reworking the original. This is Rowan Kidsilk Haze - kid mohair and silk - in Black Currant. Gorgeous stuff and a pleasure to work with; I've had to rip back several times while I work out the kinks and the mohair has only tangled once. If you've ever worked with mohair, you know that's almost a miracle. I have a ways to go, but I think I'm really going to like this shawl. Light, warm and, with the beaded trim, elegant. What could be better?

1 comments:

Deneen said...

Gorgeous! Is that the same pattern Spring Shawl the store sent me?