7.20.2008

Books!

Hello, my name is Elisa and I'm a book junkie. It's been 6 hours and 47 minutes since I bought my last book. I'm especially defenseless with on-sale craft books. I know I'm weak, but how could I resist books on the 75% off table at my LBS (local book store)?

The discount table is always my first stop at any bookstore. It's hard to find craft books - especially fiber arts books - on clearance, but today I really scored. I got Vogue Knitting's Weekend Knits for $2.59; Vogue Knitting Accessorize for $4.04; and for the grandkids, Eric Carle's Grouchy Ladybug for $3.36. I also bought Very Busy Spider, even though it wasn't on the 'deep' sale rack. I'm a sucker for good kid's books and Addy's going to love these two.


In Tour de France news, I've started on Goal #3 - making a knit baby sweater for Leia Kalise, who's due August 20. I had two balls of Plymouth Dreambaby DK in my stash - one pink and one a multi-color with pinks and purples - so I cast on Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket.
I've made this once before, in a toddler size for Addy, so there shouldn't be any surprises. I'm hoping it will be a fast knit and I can finish by the end of the month. Can I bind off before the Tour ends? Probably not, but it should be close.

0 comments: