2.15.2008

More Crafting

Addy's knitted Baby Surprise Jacket is coming along nicely. I started it in class on February 1 (details here) and worked on it during the Colorado trip so I'd be ready for the 'hard' part by tonight's second and last class. And the 'hard' part turned out not to be so hard, although I was glad to have the instructor holding my hand while I slipped 30-odd stitches onto a holder for the first time.

I'm thrilled that it actually looked like a baby sweater by the end of tonight's class! I'm so pleased with it that I signed up for another knit sweater class, this time an adult top-down v-neck sweater with the same instructor. I really enjoy Anne's classes; she's a great teacher and I 'get it' when she explains things. If I keep this up, I may turn into a knitter yet.

While in Colorado, Rachel and I tried out a new pottery painting store.
Rachel made a beer stein for John, while I chose this silly thing - Fred the endangered Sponge-holding Kitchen Fish. We spent about three hours there and had a blast. They will fire the ceramics for us this week and Rachel will mail Fred to me after that. Can't wait to see how he turns out.

0 comments: