12.29.2007

Woven FO

Remember this from a few weeks ago? I'd warped the rented knitter's loom to make a scarf but with Christmas deadlines looming (sorry) I didn't get much further.

I got the bug to finish it last night and spent about three hours weaving
, tying the fringe, and getting it off the loom. A quick soak and block, and it was ready for close-ups this afternoon. I used two strands of sock-weight yarn - Fearless Fibers superwash Merino in Deepest Forest - for the warp (the long-wise threads) and one strand in the weft (the side-to-side part). The scarf is really soft and drapes beautifully. The colorway is gorgeous, as always with Deb's yarns, and I love how the colors interact. The thin yarn took longer to weave than my first two projects, but the results were well worth the time.
This was my first experience using a fringe twister. I'm not sure I like the look; maybe I should have twisted fewer strands together? It will be something to play with next time.

0 comments: