7.20.2007

Weaving and Construction

During today's Tour coverage I finished warping the Baby Wolf - or I should say I finished "knotting" her. Since I want to repeat my last project (correctly, this time), and since the remnants of the old warp were still in the heddles, I decided to tie the new warp threads to the old and pull them through rather than rethreading. I thought it would be faster, but I may have been wrong about that. One thing I can say for sure - after tying 250+ weaver's knots, I'm pretty sure I can do them in my sleep. Tomorrow I'll fix a few crossed threads and then I can start weaving. Can't wait to see the difference between this towel and the last one.

Earlier this week, Dick and I were rearranging furniture in the living and dining rooms, getting ready to tear out the carpet and replace it with tile. (Dick gets to tear out and replace. I get to come up with ideas. Seems like a fair division of labor to me.) One thing (honey, I'm tired of this yellow paint) led to another (what do you think about . . . ) and voila - a new construction project was born.

We're going to take out the two lower windows in the dining room (see arrows) and replace them with drywall.
That will give us more options for furniture placement but we'll still have plenty of light coming through the top three windows and the doorway. When we moved in, that wall was the exterior of the house - we added the pool table room several years ago - and the window frames look kind of odd now. On the pool room side, the left window will be framed to hold pool cues. The right window will become a dart board.

And yes, the yellow paint in the dining room is history.

0 comments: