3.22.2007

Spinning Daze

Our Thursday night spinning group met tonight, all four of us. Several of our usual members are attending the spinning and weaving conference in Visalia this week, so we expected the numbers to be down. I brought an extra wheel, just in case we could entice someone from the knitters group to try spinning. And it worked! Barbara "got it" on the first try, thanks to Susie's expert tutelage.

Dick and I are taking a run up to Visalia tomorrow so he can check out the various spinning wheels that are on the market. He wants to design and build wheels, in addition to repairing them. The conference is a great place for him to see what's available and talk to different dealers. (and I might do a little shopping. As long as we're there anyway. {grin})

The newest plants are in the ground and the front yard is coming along. The rain (sprinkles? we got barely enough to dampen the ground; this has not been a good year for rainfall) forced Dick to work inside, but he thinks the yard will be done in less than two more weeks. WhooHoo!

1 comments:

Woven Spun said...

It's so not fair (to me) but very cool (for you) to have a knitting/spinning group AND a spinning/weaving conference fairly close by. Not fair at all. I don't even have LYS. WAH. Ok, I am done whinning. Hope you have fun and both you and hubby learn lots. I am sure he will come up with an awesome wheel.