1.27.2007

Plying Workshop

Today's workshop was wonderful. Gwen is a great teacher, very knowledgeable and patient. We learned to Navajo ply singles to make a 3-ply yarn, then moved on to multiple singles, making 9- and 12-ply yarns. Gwen also showed us how to add puffs of colored mohair to make a poofy, textured yarn. The ugly green and purple yarn on the left is crochet cotton. I brought a big bag of the stuff to share; I've had it practically forever and had no plans to use it. Turns out crochet cotton is the perfect yarn to practice on. My little bag of goodies was very popular.

News reports last night gave us a slight chance of rain today, but the general consensus was that it would miss us. Wrong. It poured all day long. Dick had to right idea. This is how I found him when I got home around 5.
All warm and cozy in his den. I'm so envious.

0 comments: