9.27.2006

Day Off

Who knew that Uli had that gorgeous dress hiding in her head? She was the surprise of the night for me on Project Runway. I really thought she'd be the one that was Auf'd. But her dress was a definite WOW. Jeffrey's was my least favorite - the 'milkmaid' comment really summed it up. When I saw Michael's dress, I was worried he'd get the ax. And that would have been a shame. What a talent. Can't wait to see the four of them on the fashion week show! (And I'm still amazed that I got so hooked on this show. The premise sounds so silly; but it is well done & compelling to watch. I'm looking forward to the next season.)

Tomorrow we start cleaning up 6 months worth of construction dust. The furniture went back in the family room tonight and Dick will grout the last section of tile in the sitting room tomorrow morning. While I'm shopping for food & prizes on Friday, he'll put our closet back together. (Our 12 x 12 closet! I can't wait.) The house is about as finished as it's going to get before the baby shower on Saturday.

But today was for fun - a crocheted sock class in Ojai, taught by one of the ladies in my Knit & Nibble group. This was the first in a series of classes - and it was f.u.n. f.u.n. f.u.n. Wenona & I were a little late to class, so Sharon and Ruthie got first pick on yarn. I love the yellow/orange one that Sharon chose; it should make a lively pair of stockings.
Wenona & I both have blue striped yarn; Wenona's has lighter tones than mine.
Blue wouldn't have been my first choice but now that I'm working with it, I really like the stripes. These top-down socks look like they will be thicker that 'in your shoe' socks. But that's OK. It's a learning process and I'll know more about what I like and don't like for the next pair.
Another Fridge Surprise

Look what I found in the refrigerator tonight. I really like this class Gary's taking.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun sock class yesterday. I'm excited about learning how to do them. Thank you for your help!

Gary is doing a great job on the flowers. I really like this one.

Anonymous said...

Thursday: one more day until Rachel and Addison arrive...Yeah! Bet you are excited!! Have fun tomorrow, Grandma. :) v