6.24.2006

Baby Sweater

Today's crochet class was fun, fun, fun! We used the Baby It's Cold Outside pattern from Crochet Me! (with permission from the designer.) It is a well written, easy pattern that makes a darling sweater. The colors are a little off in this photo. The body of the sweater is a light green and the trim is maroon. Very woodsy, very Colorado-y. I was able to get the sweater completely finished in class; it took just a smidge over 4 hours, which included making the buttons. I love it!
And I couldn't leave without a little retail therapy, right? I'd been resisting this book since it came out. But today, I finally gave up and gave in to my book obsession.
There is something for everyone in here - from skull caps (with skulls of course) to iPod covers, teddy bear hats, purses, lacy shawls, pillows and more. I can't wait to get started; the hardest part will be trying to decide what to do first.

I also made a quick trip to my favorite scrapbook store. Debra gave Wenona and I each a gift certificate for helping her with the crop at the fairgrounds last week. So I splurged and bought this:
With the gift certificate and today's 25% off sale, let's just say it was very affordable. Thanks, Debra!

(Technical Stuff: the sweater is made with Plymouth Yarn's Encore, 75% acrylic and 25% wool; using a "K" hook.)

Yarn Tails Tags:, , ,

0 comments: